Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Vanessa Lindgren, Leesburg, VA - Fake Doctorate

Vanessa Lindgren of Modern Hypnosis Works (at the Integrative Family Medicine Center) in Leesburg, Virginia falsely claims to have earned a doctorate in hypnosis. As readers of this blog are aware, there is no legitimate doctorate in hypnosis anywhere in the world. In her listing on Psychology Today, Vanessa Lindgren claims to have earned the "Doctor of Clinical Hypnosis" at the "Eastern Institute of Hypno[therapy]." While at one time there was a business license registered to the Eastern Institute of Hypnotherapy, it is in no way, shape, or form an accredited educational institution with any authority to bestow legitimate doctoral degrees. Also, judging by her own published qualifications, it doesn't appear that Vanessa Lindgren holds any legitimate academic degree. We reviewed the website at the office where she practices with others (the Integrative Family Medicine Center at https://fivestoneswellness.com) and it states that she holds a Master's degree in Hypnosis (again, there is no such legitimate degree anywhere in the world). On the same site she claims to have a bachelor's degree in Holistic Health, which also makes us quite skeptical since she fails to mention any institution.  You will also see by the screenshots shown below, that Vanessa Lindgren refers to herself in numerous sources as "Dr.," which make it appear that she is either delusional or desperate to heighten her legitimacy. Buyer beware, go elsewhere.







1 comment:

  1. Dear Admin,

    I just realized I was on your blog list and I really want to work with you on this to be removed as quickly as possible.

    ​I did remove any reference of the DCH (doctor of clinical hypnosis ) years ago when I realized it wasn't accredited. I truthfully and in good faith thought that it was when I did it. All the references on the internet to it are very old.

    There is one exception. I am asking you to please believe me that I honestly forgot that it showed under my hypnosis credentials on the Psychology Today profile. I have emailed them to please remove it (only they can go into the site and change it). Being a weekend they won't see my request until Monday.

    I also honestly was told and believed the masters to be accredited. It's not worth it to me to have my reputation questioned so I have removed all reference to that on my website. I have also asked Psychology Today to remove that under my credentials. In addition, I have contacted Five Stones Wellness to remove any reference of master & the mention of my degree in holistic health from their site.

    I am a hard working, caring hypnotist and my reputation is everything to me. I am quite happy saying Vanessa Lindgren, Cht on all sites etc... and I am working diligently to get everything else removed.

    If I can show that I have done all this, please would you remove me from your list as soon as possible? Please email me back.
    With thanks.
    Vanessa


    ReplyDelete